LIVE RESULTS HERE
Rain or Shine • No Refunds • Party & Music • Awards Presentation
Questions not addressed here? Contact Jennifer Farrell, Race Director, 831-915-4523 or LESRatRace@gmail.com.
All registered participants please report at least 30 minutes prior to race if you have not picked up your race number. Late registrants, please report as early as possible.
RACE START TIMES:
1 Mile Run/Walk 5:45 p.m.
(Only participants under age 16 will be timed using the chip-timing system and have their time recorded in the official results)
1 Mile Run/Walk participants will be assembled at the starting line in accordance with age and running ability in order to enhance runner safety at the start of the race. The use of timing chips ensures that each runner's time is not affected by where he or she is placed in the starting corral.
5K 6:30 p.m. (chip timed)
Registration is online through September 29th at 5:00 p.m. Walk up registration is only available on Sept. 28th and 29th.
- May 19 - June 15: $20 per runner
- June 16 - Sept 10: $25 per runner
- Sept. 11 - 28: $30 per runner
- Sept. 29: $35 per runner
- T-SHIRT ONLY: $12.00
Walk up REGISTRATION:
Thursday, September 28th: 2:00 pm until 6:30 pm at Larchmont ES Auditorium
Friday, September 29th: 7:30 am until 2:00 pm at Larchmont ES Auditorium
Friday, September 29th, 2017 • 2:00 pm until race time • Place: “Brick Field,” Hampton Blvd. and Bolling Ave. at ODU in Norfolk
Shirts and bibs will be available for pick up at Larchmont ES on Thursday, September 28th from 2-6:30 pm and Friday, September 29th from 7:30 am until 2:00 pm at the Larchmont Auditorium.
Shirts and bibs may also be picked up at “Brick Field” on Friday from 2:00-5:00. ALL BIBS AND SHIRTS MUST BE PICKED UP BY 5:00 PM.
Proceeds for Larchmont PTA will continue to provide much needed support for cultural and educational programs and equipment at Larchmont Elementary School.
Runners please report to “Brick Field” on northwest corner of Bolling Ave. and Hampton Blvd. (one block north of Old Dominion University) in Norfolk.
Parking available in Larchmont School parking lot located across Hampton Blvd. on Bolling Ave., or city lot located next to WHRO-TV directly across Hampton Blvd. from Foreman Field.
Races will start near Bolling Ave. and Upper Brandon Place and proceed through Larchmont neighborhood. Course is asphalt, flat, with course markers. Medical assistance, police escorts, monitors, water stops on course and refreshments available at finish line.
RAT Race Party
A picnic will follow the 36th Anniversary Larchmont RAT Races, at Brick Field at Bolling Ave. and Hampton Blvd. With official race number, each participant will be entitled to one drink and one slice of pizza. Also additional food and drink will be sold. (Cash only) Bring your families to cheer you on and plan on staying for dinner. Music will be provided by 94.9 the Point for this year's R.A.T. Race Party.
- Please pre-register. T-SHIRTS NOT GUARANTEED TO REGISTRANTS after September 15th.
- Do not remove perforated bottom portion of race number/bib.
- Please wear 4 pins on your runner number. Do not pin bottom perforated portion. Please wear the number assigned to you.
- For your safety, once you have completed the race please move away from the finish line area.
- Each assigned race bib (number) has an electronic chip attached, which provides more accurate timing of finish line results. Race bib/numbers are NOT transferable. Runners must wear the number assigned to them by the RAT Race. Start and finish times are based on the runners crossing the line and NOT their relative location to other runners in the pack.
- We recommend all runners over 35 consult their physicians prior to running any race. It is imperative that you consult your physician before running in a race if you have known cardiovascular disease.
NO DOGS, PLEASE!
NO BICYCLES OR BALL PLAYING OF ANY KIND ON THE FIELD.
Check your RAT Facts:
- Turn in your registration ASAP! Remember to consider your child’s skill level when choosing a race.
- The fine print of the registration has many important facts — we’ve made changes! Please read carefully.
- The races will be Chip Timed, which means an electronic chip will be on the race bibs. These chips are not transferable. Please help your child remember safety first! The race results are based on when the runner crosses the start and finish lines (not necessarily their location in the pack of runners).
- Be sure to bring cash the evening of the race so your children and you may enjoy the activities and attractions, many of which are new for 2017!
- THIS IS A RAIN OR SHINE EVENT. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS DUE TO A WEATHER-RELATED EVENT CANCELLATION AND THERE IS NO RAIN DATE FOR THIS EVENT.
- COURSE START, FINISH AND ROUTE MAY BE ALTERED AS NEEDED DUE TO WEATHER-RELATED EVENTS BEYOND THE RACE ORGANIZERS CONTROL.
NO REFUNDS, EXCHANGES OR TRANSFERS
- Friday, March 2
- Monday, March 5
- Monday, March 12
- Tuesday, March 13
- Wednesday, March 14
- Friday, March 23
- Monday, March 26
- Tuesday, March 27
- Friday, March 30